MY TWO WEEK MARATHON
I spent the last two weeks working on jobs requiring multiple days. USC's Marshall School of Business was one of the clients so I spent a lot of time on campus. Three days (1 per week) at about 10 hours per day w/ a 30 minute lunch. Same thing for 3 senior housing facilities in Temecula, Huntington Beach and Thousand Oaks. We also had to work at 2 pharmacy's and do 2-3 headshot sessions. Pretty intense but it was a really good experience. When this marathon was about to begin, my boss told me that he thinks I am ready. Today was the finish line and he thanked me whole-heartedly for doing very well!

"HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE"
During these past two weeks my boss and I had to drive to a few locations about 1.5 - 2 hours from LA. He introduced me to his audiotapes of the 6th book of the Harry Potter series. I haven't read any of the books beyond #2. I also was not too avid a fan but these audiobooks got me hooked!

My boss was already halfway through the tapes when I started to listen. I got my briefings and started to learn about Lord Voldermort's childhood. Between one location trip and another, I would miss parts because my boss would listen to them in between long drive to locations. So, he would brief me again. Good thing I don't miss the great parts like the memory that Harry successfully gets from one of his professors and the hor-crux (spelling?) explanation from that memory. I am now a a very good part that ended as a cliffhanger at the end of our drive from Temecula. I am look forward to finishing the story but my boss will finish this part before I listen next so he will loan me his tapes.

SO FAR, SO GOOD
I am now in my stride in this internship and am happy with my progress. For July and August, I want to focus more on shooting for myself now that I know I have access to the studio. My boss thought he told me that use of the studio is part of the internship - 2 months late. But it's ok. I was not prepared to shoot much anyway and now I am! So, I have some stuff stewing in my mind and hope to execute them well. *crosses fingers*

I will blog more about my efforts in a couple of weeks. Thanks for reading and have a happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

What is it you specialize exactly? Photography?

ASR said...

Yes.