ART SHOWS
Yesterday and last Sunday afternoon, Frankie and I went to a few art studios in the city. October is when San Francisco hosts Open Studios. Different areas of the city are open during their designated weekend. This past one was all over the Mission, Castro and Noe Valley neighborhoods. The weekend before was South of Market and downtown (I think). Next weekend is in the Sunset, Richmond and the Haight. It's great to see all the art. It's even greater to see good art. Yesterday, there were only a few.

I also took the opportunity to research what other photographers were selling. Most were landscapes. I didn't see lots of red dots indicating they were sold. Then again, most of the photographs were easily bought and carried out rather than hung until the end of the weekend (likethe paintings). I personally found myself wow-ed but paintings rather than photographs most of the time. Well, this past weekend anyways. The weekend before was an exception. Hopefully I will be able to create images people want to but and hang on their walls at work or home. I know for sure I am not going to photograph nor sell your standard San Francisco skyline or Golden Gate Bridge image. It's too cliche.

No comments: