SHE DRAWS COMICS
My old co-worker will have some of her comics exhibited at the San Francisco Cartoon Museum. My boyfriend and I plan to go check them out at the opening this Saturday night. Al the people showing work will be women. Cool, huh?

THE ROCK
Last Saturday, I went to Alcatraz with my cousins. I've never been there before! I took some dope pictures (I hope). I plan to put the second copy in a book for my cousin Mike. He vacationed here in the Bay Area last week and he had a good time. The other copies are mine so I plan on showing them off - if I like them. =P

PALOMINO'S
I led the coordinated farewell lunch in honor of the people that were laid off earlier in the week. Of the 5, 3 were able to come - all of them were the structural engineers I worked with.

Lloyd
He was with this company for approximately 50 years. He was forced into retirement and I missed out on his WWII bomber pilot stories all this time! He was only 21 then, you know?

Joe
This job was his second job and he has been working here for about 28 years! He loves golf and history. =)

Peter
Peter's so funny. My old co-worker, Lark, thought he sounded/looked like the Chinese version of that one comic character: Dilbert. And you know what's interesting? This was his first job - he started in January 1977 straight from Stanford. He didn't even interview. His professor referred him and BOOM! Peter got a job.

Gosh, this sounds like a eulogy, huh? BUT IT'S NOT. I'm just missing them. They're so nice and funny and cool to work with. =\ Imma miss them...

Oh! And the best thing about lunch was this: at the end of lunch, the head of the Structural Engineering Department expensed the pricey lunch! Hehe. We should have ordered more wine.

No comments: