HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Aite, I know this was a late wish but it is still January so it should be all good. =P

This new year seemed promising until yesterday: 2 structural engineers were laid off from my company.
And even worse today: another structural engineer and a marketing person
THEN I learned that a planner was axed last Monday.

Sad, so sad.

So today at work, I got my shit together and made sure I have my files with me - just in case. I think I would be second to go if my department laid off - since there is a temp. BUT you never know.

I am going to *pray* that I won't get cut. I even talked with the Technical Illustration Dept. to let them know that I have graphic skills. Since one person is leaving for a better opportunity in NYC at the end of January, I am sure they will need an extra hand. Hopefully, ME.

JOBS?
Governor Gray Davis wants to create new jobs. Well, how can he if California has a big fat deficit it needs to fix? His administration is cutting budgets in Education and Transportation and projects and jobs won't be funded and so how is he creating jobs?

No comments: