GIVING BACK
I have always been drawn to stories, organizations and businesses focused on improving quality of life for the poor and dis-enfranchised. Here is Poverty News, a blog I found when I was Google-ing Kiva, a non-profit helps people sponsor entrepreneurs in the developing world.

Kiva is located downstairs from where I work part-time. Recently, CNN was in the building filming a piece on them. I wanted to learn more about them but I totally forgot the name of the organization. I am glad I was able to find it! Once I get myself and my businesses off the ground (I am looking for capital, too) I can also help someone in need.

Kiva's is very good at reporting on the businesses people have invested in. They also show who has repaid the loan, giving potential investors reassurance that their support is truly helpful.

When you have a chance, check Kiva out!

No comments: