MY LAST NIGHT/MORNING IN L.A.
Since I had to work a night shift last night, I asked if I could stay one more night. So, I am moving out of my sublet later this morning.
Right now, I hear a get-away car zooming by and sprinklers hissing out my window. No ghetto birds nor sirens tonight. Maybe it's because I got off work at 2am and got home 20 minutes later. (All that ruckus happens before 1am.)
The sprinklers shut off. Someone is walking by, drunk I think.
I really liked living here. I liked looking at the shadows of the balcony rail between 11am and 2pm.
Get-away car in the distance. A car alarm disarmed below my 4th floor window. Another get-away car. A plane flies by. A car door shuts. A cricket chirps now and another car drives by. Someone started their car - maybe they are off to work? Or leaving a booty call. Who knows?
As you can tell, I am kinda sad to leave this apartment. Despite the noise pollution and the occasional foot steps on the roof above, I found something unexpected here - peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment