MY 3:00pm FIX
I usually get a snack around this time so I can make the final 3 hour push. Today, I got a story about the house I am working on.

An expeditor of ours came to deliver something to me. My boss and I talked with him a bit (as usual) but we didn't expect to to hear what he told us!

A few weeks ago, two surveyors went to the house to assess it. When they walked into the door, they found fresh blood on the floor. Right before lunchtime, my boss and I met with the client for this house. He mentioned his tenant is currently at home recovering. We had no idea he was recovering from something that involved blood spill!

"And I'm supposed to go there by myself!" I exclaimed.

"Don't worry. This happened a few weeks ago. Something about him and his wife. He tried to commit suicide." The expeditor mimed someone slitting their wrists. These two guys walked into the house the morning after he did it. The night before, he was taken to the hospital," the expeditor grinned. "They called the client and asked him if he knew what was up and if they should call the police. He told them, 'It's OK. He's in the hospital.'"

"Where did he do it?" I asked. "In the bathroom?"

We all looked at the plans. The expeditor tapped his index finger over the living room, where the front door opens into. "These two guys opened the door and saw fresh blood on the floor!" he said, laughing.

"You should have told me this before!" My boss said, implying that this is a crazy story. "I don't want to send her there by herself."

In this shouldn't-be-humorous conversation, we all couldn't helped but laugh with disbelief.

IT'S 2:30pm
Half an hour before was dreadful to me. A client came in (which I expected) for a meeting with my boss and my co-worker. His two partners (which I did not expect) also came. Great.

For those of you who don't know, I have a no-so-secret admirer. He is one of the partners. As soon as I knew he was at our office, I got weird with discomfort. The other partner is the instigator. The client is the professional - he keeps business like is should be - business. As far as I know, this afternoon was the first time practically everyone knew what was up. The partners did not have to be at this meeting. They had no part in the agenda. Unless, the agenda was visiting me. Great.

As you can tell, I was not happy about it. I had to IM my boyfriend and ask him to help me lighten up. I needed to give my co-worker a drawing she asked me to do because something was wrong with her computer. She needed to get to the meeting so I told her I would take care of it - then give the drawing to her at the meeting. Great.

I finished the drawing but I couldn't get calm enough to go to the meeting because I would have to greet everyone. And I was not up to it. So I stalled. Thank goodness I did because my co-worker needed something from her desk so I handed off the drawings hella quick! GREAT!

LUNCHTIME
I took a late lunch today - around 1:00pm. I was about to go into the kitchen and warm up my food when someone walked into our office. He wore a suit jacket styled as if it were painted by Pollack himself. His jeans were painted more that the jacket. The guy was young, "hip," and obviously artistic.

No one knew who he was. He bolded asked, "What we you do here?" without introducing himself. (FYI: There are two businesses here: architecture and product design-home decor.) The owner of the product design firm talked with him. He wanted to know if there were any design internships available. The owner asked, "How did you find us?" The young artist nonchalantly replied, "Fate."

The owner politely introduced her product to him. She wanted to be nice even though we all knew she wouldn't hire any one unannounced and unsolicited.

In the back of our minds, we snickered but it was just too weird! Unfortunately, it's odd because we work in a warehouse, not an office with a store front.

But I admired the guy for being brave, going door to door, looking for a job. His marketing pitch: "I'm a designer. I can design anything." Thing is, he didn't have a portfolio in hand. To get a job, bring examples of what you can do. If the examples were his jacket and his pants, well, I'd have to say, "Try something else, kid."


THIS MORNING
During my commute, I heard sirens coming towards my way so I yielded at the stop light. A big, dark blue SFPD truck sped onto the Southbound freeway on-ramp. I thought it was a paddy wagon but it wasn't. The side of the truck said, "BOMB SQUAD" in big letters. Was it going to the airport? Woah...

No comments: