MAN ON FIRE
Last Friday night, Frankie and I made it a Blackbuster Night. I went with him to the store but didn't have the urge to see anything specific. The only prerequiste I had was this: something funny. After a long week at work, I needed it.
Frankie scanned the shelves while I scanned Cosmopolitan and Complex on the magazine rack. In between reading about Sarah Michelle Geller's life after Buffy and studying Rosario Dawson's new hairdo, Frankie approached me with a proposition. "How about Man on Fire? I heard two people talking about how good it is."
I was hesitant to accept the action film but I said, "OK," anyway.
Thank goodness I agreed to Man on Fire because Denzel did it again! He starred in a movie that won my heart. (Thanks to Frankie and the 2 Somoan ladies hyping it up for him.)
Here is my synopsis:
Revenge masks a personal mission to serve bad people justice. Justice in a corrupt and greedy world is hard to come by but Denzel's character, John Creasy, served it violently loud. To avenge the death of Pita Ramos (played by the talented Dakota Fanning), Creasy severs every connection to the kidnappings. Pita gave Creasy something he lost long ago and he's determined to make right of something terribly wrong. Creasy's mission shakes up the underground crime organization, bringing havoc to the terror lurking in Mexico City.
My favorite line: "Forgiveness is between them and God. I just arrange the meeting." (This may not be verbatim but you get the picture.)
If you want to see a damn good movie, rent it or buy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment