FEMA DUTY
Hurricane Frances will hit Florida tomorrow, maybe late this evening. FEMA called in some consultants from my former company. If I was still working for them, I wouldn't have been asked to go since I was only a CADD Technician. However, Frankie was asked to go.
Frankie will be flying out to Atlanta sometime tomorrow. Other people from other offices throughout the Western Region + Texas will rondeveux by Sunday morning. As a consultant to FEMA, all Frankie has to do is outreach to the community once the Hurricane Frances passes. There are two funny things to this story: 1) Frankie wasn't planning to go into work today and 2) no one from his Civil Design group was in the office today.
There goes our QT scheduled for Monday.
But, that's OK. He needs to work and I need to be supportive. I just pray he'll be safe. I;ll just miss him much the nexy 2-3 weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment