SELF-PORTRATURE
For the past five weeks, I spent my Tuesday evenings learning the psychology of portraiture photography. I was my own model, learning how to see myself in order to see others.
I am curious how my friends will interpret the emotions and the messages I tried to bring across. The second assignment was to photograph and aspect of myself. Someone I've known since childhood must be able to recognize that person in the picture. Recognize meaning this person must be able to see a familiar side of me in this image. A person I've known for 5 years or so, should not be able to. Interesting, huh?
Last night, after a few days of procrastination, I presented my final project. I surprising made seven portraits, 2 more than the required. Everyone reacted pretty well. I didn't get as much feedback as I would have liked, but I think that is what happens when you present second to last. I ended up liking what I produced. I want to do more self-portraits to train myself with the techniques I learned. Hopefully, my images will become more powerful.
We'll just have to wait and see...
No comments:
Post a Comment