SELF-PORTRAIT
Tonight's assignment is the self-portrait. It will show whether or not I can reveal the private side of me. Last Tuesday, we learned about the psychology of portraiture photography. The exercises helped me understand the other side (the model, the subject, etc.) more. I've experienced being a subject and it can be very uncomfortable.

So, tonight, I have to dig into my internal safe and give one part of my private self to the camera. The challenge is to be able to do get into this trance in front of my classmates. Lately, I've been overwhelmed and stressed. I wonder if I can reach inside and bring out the joyous part of me most people don't see. That's one part of my private self I'd like other people to see more of. Only a few select family and friends earned the trust. I guess I have to be able to trust myself to give it to myself in this portrait.

No comments: