STATUS
I went to the ER last Tuesday night. Spent almost 5 hours there. It didn't seem that long tho'. I preoccupied myself with some reading.

A physcian's assistant finally saw me. His diagnosis: possible scabies. I got a shot of some strong antihistamine and prescriptions for a lotion to kill the parasites and pills for the itch.

I called my mom, Raquel and my aunt to consult on this because I was really skeptical and so were they. My mom was worried (she being in San Diego) so she told me to see my aunt nearby (I was at Frankie's and her work is nearby). My aunt and her two nurse friends/co-workers took a look at me yesterday afternoon. They all agreed: it's not scabies. They were appalled that the PA said it was that. I could tell they thought he was stupid.

The good thing was one of the nurses said she experienced it also. She described the same itchiness with her ears. It took a long tiime (more than a week) for it to go away. *great* But at least I know someone feels me.

My auntie and I then called another auntie in New Jersey. She's a doctor. She said, "Keep taking the medicine and see your doctor Friday afternoon." (I have an appt for a follow-up.) Both aunties said, "If it's not going away, they may prescribe you a steroid." Everyone suspects an allergic reaction to the seafood I ate last Friday (possible the type of crab I ate) or a heat rash. So I am taking my meds and I can't drive anywhere. The side effects are drowsiness and dizziness.

So, here I am at Frankie's working from his computer. I will have to BART to class tonight.

JUST SO YOU KNOW
Scabies is a condition cause by a mite. They usually thrive where there are lots of animals, like a kennel, a farm, or some filthy place like jail (said one nurse). They like armpits, hands and waists in humans.

No comments: