LAST NIGHT'S ER

This season, the producers of ER addressed the differences between American and African health care. Three to four episodes, so far, explored the contrast in depth. I don't remember any other primetime television show doing such a thing. Maybe I don't watch as much TV as others. I don't know. All I know is this: I am so glad I tuned into ER again.

I care about the world. I care about people. Politics can be such a taboo (and broad) topic, it's difficult to just think about the world and people on my own. There is too much to know, too much to understand, too much to care about. Unfortunately, it seems like there is little to do.

The reality saddens me. In college, I strongly believed in the grassroots and the people's voice. I still think they can influence minds and I respect that completely. My point of view changed when I realized how money and power influence everything more than anything. A friend of mine shed light on that truth. Another friend recently admitted he saw it the same way. Maybe we should all create an empire! hehe

No comments: