ARNOLD
This morning I heard about Arnold Schwartzenegger's surprising announcement on Jay Leno. To be honest, I would vote for him. I voted for Gray Davis 2 years ago, but he hasn't lived up to alot of what I thought he represented. Maybe Davis still represents my more Democratic/Independent/Green Party biases. Maybe the deficit lead him to put other programs on hold until the finances are fixed. I understand that. But what is upsetting me the most is the lack of focus on creating jobs for people, too much money going to the prison system, and no money going to education. So many municipalities, public schools, etc. are cutting back and increasing the costs. With so many people out of work, how can we pay for these increased or new fees?!?! And how can teachers deal with crowded classrooms?

Back to Arnold. He has presented himself as a moderate Republican dedicated to after school programs. That's a plus for me. His intentions, given his immigrant experience, show me that he will not let his self-interests not greed for power stand in the way. Given all this, I have some faith in him. BUT, his lack of experience in any governmental position keeps me looking at what the other candidates will offer. One thing is for sure, it's going to be an interesting recall.

No comments: