ABSENT-MINDED
A few nights ago, I was at the Shell Gas Station near my apartment. Next to me was a girl cleaning out her floor mats. I was thinking, "I should do the same thing." But I decided not to. When the girl got into her car, her stereo was playing that One Voice instrumental remix, "Do You Think About Me?" I haven't heard that song in a long time and I was diggin' it. She was idling for sometime, searching her purse for her cell or something. When she sped off I was putting the pump in my gas tank. Suddenly, I heard a huge RIP and banging sound behind me. I thought it was an explosion! I noticed that the pump next to me was moving and shaking wildly. I walked to the other side and saw that there was no gas spililng. Then, I noticed that the pump was gone! I looked towards the direction the girl drove and there it was! Hanging from her gas tank like a snake trailing behind her car. She stopped 'cause she heard the noise too and noticed that everyone was looking at her. No one was in her passenger side so I think she didn't know what happened. She just drove away with the gas pump and never came back.

That shit was crazy!

After getting my gas, I went inside to order something from Carl's Junior (this gas station had one of those). The Shell girl went outside to see what was wrong. When she came back, I told her I was next to that pump. I talked with her manager after his inspection, told him what I witnessed and he responded, "I figured that is what happened. You'd be surprised, it happpens once or twice a month. People can be so absent-minded."

No comments: