BUFFY'S SECOND TO LAST EPISODE: "END OF DAYS"
I have been recording Buffy and Angel again - well, just the last few episodes of the former and the season finale of the latter. I want to make sure I capture the end of a great show. Even though this season was so-so (them potential slayers are whiny bitches and the Scoobies didn't had too much action), it's still a must see for the finale.
Last night's episode showed this ancient slayer weapon. Buffy and her crew needed to find out more about it. Buffy found an ancient pagan temple (which wasn't hidden really, it seemed like it was always under their noses) and some old lady. She talked this talk and never really said much about the origins of the weapon. She just said, "it was made centuries ago in a distant land." This lady is supposedly a guardian (but never really got into that. Was she the guardian of the slayers? Or the weapon (which was stuck in stone in some underground cave underneath a vineyard)? And how did the watchers descend from them? Or did they? It was too vague it was irritating because I really wanted to know more! Plus, some guardian. She shows up out of nowhere "because it's time" and gets killed by Caleb. Aren't guardians supposed to have a sixth sense or something? Maybe she was too old and hermitized her senses betrayed her.
Then there is Angel. I know he was supposed to be a guest and they whole episode I was like, "Where is he? When is he going to show up?" Then, wala! During the last 5 minutes or so, he appears in this old pagan temple. How did he even know? Maybe them Wolfman and Hart people told him. By the way, Wolfram and Hart makes Willow's Powerbook look like a children's library.
The cliffhanger in the end was definitely, definitely good! I hope they explain why the First takes Buffy's form when she is no longer dead. I can't wait for "Chosen," the last episode. I need answers to many questions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment