ALRITEY
Another week, another entry. It's only Tuesday and I already have plans for the weekend! Work hasn't been kicking my ass, but I've been I've been laying low and now it's time to get out! The cool thing I am looking forward to the partying on an SF Trolley. Two of my friends are celebrating their birthdays and we are going to be cruising San Francisco like Rice Roni! I am just wondering who is going to drive all of us home?
POPSTAR
I have been watching MTV alot lately. And right now there is this "story" on how to be a popstar. There are rules and every one requires MONEY. I was watching intrigued and, at the same time, disgusted because all the youngens watching are learning how to be more and more materialistic wannabes! MTV has become practically tasteless. My co-worker (a middle-aged Grateful Dead kinda guy) was telling me that many people have turned their backs to MTV and embraced VH-1. MTV's demographics don't reach the more mature Generation X-ers that grew up on "music television." I think MTV should rename itself POP for "pop culture." Don't get me wrong - I still want my MTV - once in awhile.
AMERICAN IDOL
Kellly Clarkson is a really talented singer. For the first time since this phenomena started this past summer, I almost watched a complete episode. Last night's was a reunion in Las Vegas. The singers that competed sang as if they were in a Broadway play - except there was no acting, just singing. I was digging the meadleys but that girl hella stood out! I think she can surpass Britney Spear and Christina Aguillera as a "singer." She has the voice Britney lacks and the class Christina needs. Can Kelly dance? I dunno. I didn't watch any episodes showing that she could. I am not even sure if that was a requirement 'cause it is for that show Popstars.
Earlier, I was watching Entertainment Tonight and Patrick Swayze was so excited to meet Kelly! I was amazed at his giddy-ness. My roommate told me that she has a lot of celebrity fans! Woah.
No comments:
Post a Comment