PYRAMIDS, MUMMIES AND TOMBS
I fell asleep watching the documentary on TLC last night. Architectural history always sucked me in. I just dig that archeology stuff, too. But I wouldn't do it. I'd die from the booby traps. The first emperor of China, Emperor Chin, was buried in a large ass pyramid/tomb in the middle of China. He's importance made sense when I learned he unified the China and it was named after him. His tomb had poison arrows shot from cross bows. It also had this huge jade and copper armor that expanded 10 football fields. It was made to protect the spirit of the warriors guarding Emperor Chin's tomb. His sarcophagus stood in a room, adorned with pearl constellations on the ceiling. That beats glow and dark stars (I hate those things) anyday! Dope.

LYKA UPDATE
I am not doing it anymore. For now. There was a miscommunication. First, they called me regarding a poster shot. Then we jumbled around meeting times to talk over logistics (budget, what they really want, brainstorm ideas, etc.). Postponing here and there and everywhere. Next, they decided to just take the pictures. I needed to get clarification on what they wanted to pay me 'case the voicemail the rep left said something that was definitely going to work for me. THEN, they went from doing the poster thing to doing headshots for a biokit instead. At that point, I had rewritten my estimate - giving them a BIG discount given their indie production group and the singer's "upcoming" status. NEXT, they decided to go with the other guy for now 'cause he already agreed to what they could pay. And I am feeling OK about it 'cause if I had known the real deal from the getgo I wouldn't have expressed interest.

The moral of the story? Get the budget and the job description and my rates sent out to them ASAP like an RFP - Request for Proposal in the architecture/construction/engineering world. Saves alot of trouble.

The rep said she definitely wants to hire me for the poster work. Well, I take it with sincerity but the next time 'round, Imma break it down from the getgo.

No comments: