UH OH...
I accidentally lost a drawing file. I used it as a base for a new one and my thoughtless ass hit [control-S] instead of "Save As" from the File menu. I spent all of yesterday morning drawing the file and all of yesterday afternoon labeling the file. Good thing the dimensions and annotations are intact on the sheet file (that's where they are supposed to be). The drawing file I lost just leaves an empty space in the sheet file (the drawing is linked or "xref-ed" - in AutoCAD terms - to the sheet file). I just have to REDRAW the whole thing and adjust the dimensions and annotations.
DANGIT!!
So now I am thinking about this:
If companies have a backup system - you know (save them on those not-so-handy tapes) then why do the people who manufacture the tapes make them so damn hard to access files!?! Are those tapes to frustrate potential burglars or the very consumer that relies on them?
No comments:
Post a Comment