4 GRADUATIONS - CONTINUED
After reading the entry "Good Lawd, 4 Graduations?!?!" and seeing my cousins over dinner last night, I realized I forgot my entire point:
It's difficult pleasing everyone. In the end, it's really all about pleasing yourself.
This is your Life. Our expectations of our success is more important than that of others. Even though our dispositions, our potential disappointments and our perseverance will take us down roads less travelled, we've all worked our asses off to get to this point of growth in our lives. Soul searching can be a painful self-reflection process. You deconstruct your likes and dislikes to determine what it is you really want. You make mistakes, step back and move forward. The most courageous part of this realization is this: moving forward. As I understand it, Life is a series of experiences, transitions and passages. Plans change and sometimes things aren't meant to be because something greater (love, purpose and/or fulfillment) is in the wings, waiting to be sought after. It takes alot of guts to admit that something isn't right for you anymore. It take alot more guts to press on. I admire the drive to not settle for less. I'd rather live a stable, fulfilling life my way (or real close to it). And as far as I know, so do my brother and my cousins. I am very proud of them for pressing on.
No comments:
Post a Comment