MY 3-OH! BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
Lunch on Saturday was very nice. My parents helped me put together some good food and cake, some they cooked, some they ordered. Cecile made some cookies I hella love, and I left them in SD! It was cool just chillin' with close friends and family.
Frankie, Cecile and Ruben flew down to celebrate with me. Ruben's lady friend, Martha, drove down from LA to hang out. Since they were out of towners, I took them out to Petco Park. The Padres were playing the Dodgers, or shall I say: the Dodgers were playing the Padres. I swear, the Dodgers out numbered the padres 10 to 1! Strange, strange, strange!
We didn't go in the stadium but we walked around and took tourist pictures in front of the "Petco Park" sign. Frankie and Ruben are Oakland A's fans and it is well known that the A's want a new stadium - in Oakland or somewhere else. According to Frankie and Rube - God forbid they leave the biggity, biggity O! They were talking about how Oakland needs to step up and find a place for a new stadium.
After a walk around Petco Park, we went to Little Italy for some quick pizza. It was near the W Hotel so we got to check it out. The pizza took way longer than quick but it was OK. For a slice of pepperoni, it was pretty good.
We kicked it at The W Hotel. Beach was too cold to hang out at but we went to the 3rd floor roof top sometime after 1am. It was aight.
Living Room was much nicer! We got two huge couches and several comfy chairs in the lounge area. We pretty much talked and caught up. Nothing wild - I'm 30, remember? We drank and danced, of course, but I didn't get faded or go buck on the dance floor like some rookie drinker. hehe
The funny thing was everyone ordered me drinks I don't like! A Cosmo and a Long Beach - I don't like cranberry in my drinks - and they wanted me to down it! Sorry guys, but if I liked the drink I would have done it! I think my 3-oh showed when I refused to down the Cosmo. yuck. My brother bought me the Long Beach and it was pretty goodso I drank that. My cousin's boyfriend, I never hung out with him, bought me Henessey and Coke. It was hella nice of him so I let water down a bit and I drank it. Dang, I'm such a veteran. Haha I know how to handle my alac. I'm too old to get fucked up - even though I did yack when we got home. A sip of the not-so-Amaretto sour (they did something it 'cause it's not suppposed to be dry) must have done it. I missed out on my Super Sergio's rolled tacos with guac! grrrrr I love that stuff after a late night out.
Beatnik was on the ones and twos. He is a friend of my homeboy, Alex, so we made some requests for classics like "If I Ruled the World" by Nas and Lauryn Hill. He didn't have any Too $hort (Frankie's request) nor Wu-Tang (I like C.R.E.A.M alot). Cash Rules Everything Around Me C.R.E.A.M!
I also introduced my single ladies and gents to each other. A few worked it, talking and trying to get the digits, others didn't (don't be shy people!) - oh well! Next time, I;ll have more fresh blood to pimp. But, remember my motto: I only introduce, you work the magic!
On Sunday, 8 of us went to Baja for the day. Jose, our driver, made our first stop in Tijuana. We shopped on a small strip and worked out bargaining powers. It was fun looking at the z-donkey's. For those of you have been to TJ (during the day), you know what I mean. They change colors when it rains. hehe
Afterwards, everyone on the bus voted to go to Puerto Nuevo first. On the way, there were nice views of the border, TJ and the Pacific. We learned about the houses along the coast, some of them owned by retired Americans. Americans can own the house but they can not own the land. Only Mexican citizens can. The cost of a nice house was less than $400k. Pretty good compared to Cali houses! We also learned why some of the houses had rebars sticking out. Jose said that when a house is finished, homeowners have to pay taxes on it. If not finished, you don't pay taxes. Funky loop-hole, huh?
At Puerto Nuevo, there was a nice view of the ocean. A lobster lunch with a complementary margarita was provided and it was pretty good! Even the tortilla soup - I never had that before! Frankie's cousin was right though - we only got half a lobster, sliced the long way. It was good enogh for me because I can't eat a whole one anyways.
After lunch,we had half an hour to shop and we got a few things. My whole crew lagged and we got to the bus 5-10 minutes late. Jose gave a lil' speech about that.
The last stop was Rosarito. It's a popular Spring Break hang out. Jose said there was nothing much pout there and he was right. the beach was kinda far to walk to. We only had 30 minutes. There were lots of places to eat and drink - there was a strip of them which were sorta desserted. It was late afternoon and so no nightlife. I wasn't feeling it. I would have rather stayed in Puerto Nuevo longer or headed back to TJ.
On the way back to the Cali, we stopped by a view of a funky house. It was a naked woman! A sculptured house - sorta like that childhood fable of the Woman Who Lived in the Shoe. Instead, a Man Who Lived in a Naked Woman! We can't see inside but Jose described the inside. I only remember that the stairs was in one of the legs. One of the butt cheeks had the bathroom. the raised, right hand had the attenna for the TV. There was one window in between the boobs - most likely his bedroom! Once I figure out how to put pictures on this blog, I will post the house.
This house actually reminded us of one that we passed up along the Pacific coast, on the way down to Puerto Nuevo. but this house only had the upper part: boobs, head and arms posed in a very sexy way. It must have been designed by the same architect.
That pretty much ends the highlights of my 3-oh! weekend. There were some funny time constraints re: the flights back to Oakland, and the walk across the border at Otay. But nothing too exciting. We made it across pretty quick, walked a block and a half to meet the bus on the US side, and then made a mad rush from the Old Town Transit Station to the Airport! Frankie, Cecile and Ruben made their flight and got home to have a late dinner at La Pinata, a mexican restaurant in Alameda. I was surprised they still wanted Mexican food after eating it all weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment