TRIPPIN'
Before I went to bed last night, I watched my first episode of Trippin' with Cameron Diaz, Redman, Eva Mendes, Mark & Skye Hoppus. I was brought to Bhutan, a small, isolated country in the Himalayas. Their tour guide, a native-Bhutanese and UC Berkeley alum, revealed a nice blend of tradition and modern ways. I really liked it alot! Lately, I have been wanting to travel and experience a culture. Cameron and her pals did what I want to do someday.
Here's is some information about Bhutan. Bhutan's culture is not affect by the Western world the way many former colonies were. The Buddhist nation opened their doors, carefully managing Western influences to protect their traditional way of life.
The King of Bhutan also encourages the protection of their natural resources. They have a law that says 65% of their country must be forested. Bhutan currently maintains 72%! A native scientist also explained why it is important to them. The old growth trees are protected because they have a key role in producing oxygen.
I really like this show! I want to travel and not just see the touristy spots. I wanna know more about the native culture and customs. Check out this website: www.i-to-i.com. They have vacations where you get involved. I hope to take one in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment