HOLD-EM ONLINE
Last week, Miss Bernadette (aka Cloudnihne) and I (aka area127 or elikai1) planned a rendezvous at a certain table at a certain time. It was my first night. Cloudnihne stood by on AIM.

My wing woman and I scouted tables. Numbers - not faces - guided us. I started to pick a table, focusing on 8s. In Chinese culture, 8s are very lucky. I steered clear from any 4s - very bad luck. My superstitutions did give me enough confidence though. I surrendered the table scouting to Cloudnihne.
 
And off we went!
 
As we sat down, I mustered up some beginner's luck. With $1000 play money stored in some digital bank/ATM/wallet, I took the leap and got initiated into the world of online poker.  I took Cloudnihne's lead and checked the appropriate boxes: "Automatic Blind" and "Display highest hand." A chat window revealed every move and every comment any player made. At my first table, everyone was silent until I put all my money in on the first hand. Someone had to comment.

Midnight came along and I was out $1000.  I withdrew $1000 more. A few clicks and wa-la! One G. For some reason, Cloudnihne could get a maximum of two Gs.   Hm.
 
After moving to another table and playing a few more hands, Cloudnihne and I called it quits.   We played for about an hour.  I learned so much!  The games kinda go fast but it's ok.  Who would have though I would play an on-line game? It doesn't require and gun skills nor violent combat but it sure opens up a whole new world to me.

No comments: