CAN'T SLEEP, PART II
Last month, I couldn't sleep because of the itchies. Last week, because I had too many things on my mind. Tonight, it's stress and motivation.
I am leaving for vacation on May 1st. Between now and then I need to get 3-4 photoshoot done. That's alot. Right now, as I sit here envisioning lots of portraits, I need to be in bed, asleep because I have to get into work on time.
ON TIME?
These past few mornings have been hard when I have to go into the office. My snooze habit has gotten worse now that I work from home. I wake up between 8am and 9am (sometimes 10am) and walk to my computer. That's a....six foot, 2 seconds commute to the computer in my room. Or a....thirty foot, 10 seconds walk to the kitchen table - with a laptop in my arms.
Tomorrow, I get to go into the new office on Townsend Street in San Francisco. I am closer to the photo labs, photo suppliers and prop shops again! Yay! I just wonder how bad parking will be. Hm...
BTW, RE: WORK
This quarter, my permanent job faced some forced vacation aka "time off due to lack of work." I am not laid off. But, I haven't been working at my job since mid-March. It's OK because I found a temp job doing CADD for my architect friend.
My friend's company is really new (less than one year's old) with no full-time staff other than the Principal (my friend). There are 2 part-timers (including myself but I am only temp/short-term) and 3 side liners/moonlighters. Not enough man power for a company with 14 active projects with 2-5 waiting to be picked up and accepted but my friend. I admire my friend for his dedication, ethics and passion. I don't admire his daily work hours - 16-18! Whew. I am thankful I got this gig. I really need to work and I am working on an exciting project - a restaurant scheduled to open in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment