PERCEVAL PRESS - HOLE IN THE SUN

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring got me diggin' on Orlando Bloom aka Legolas. Don't get me wrong, I still think he's hot!

But after reading a San Francisco Chronicle article on Viggo Mortensen, I started paying attention to him and his small publishing house Percival Press. One of my goals in life is to publish at least one book of my poetry and photos. His press publishes this sort of work. Right now, submissions are not being considered.

This morning Viggo was on Regis and Kelly (I woke up late thinking it was Saturday) promoting his new movie Hidalgo. He also promoted one of his photography books. This one was on horses. (Hidalgo is a horse btw.) From what I saw, he's a really good photographer.

I started looking on the Percival Press website to see what other kinds of books are for sale. I didn't know he published so many of his own work. The link attached to the title of this entry takes you to a series on swimming pools. I also noticed his press published a woman's collages and poetry. This totally inspired me.

Many of my goals sit in my head, waiting to be born into something tangible. Percival Press is one publishing house I am keeping an eye on. I should research others.

First and foremost, I need to shoot more and sort through my poetry. I also just need to create more period.

Oh, and I am now diggin' on Viggo, too.

No comments: