DEPENDABILITY
For a long time, dependability is a quality I look for in people. I guess it's because I'm dependable and dealing with flakes always give me heartache. Although most people don't intend to be flakey, there are those that are by nature or by habit. I can accept that. The hardest thing to do, however, is to depend one when circumstances call for it. =( I guess I should never put myself in that position at all.
NIGHTMARES
Last week, I dreamt about teeth coming out again. This time, they weren't just falling out as my tongue wiggled a tooth to see if it's really loose. My tongue was like some angry animal forcing teeth out of the right side of my mouth! Actually, in all the nightmares I had about teeth falling out involved the right side. Hmm...
Early yesterday morning, I woke up feeling sad. I dreamt about a misperception about myself. A good friend hesitantly told me some people thought one way of me. I learned that they faked their cordial acquaintances with me but stayed away because of their misperceptions.
A few nights before, my other nightmare involved rumors. A homegirl from Daygo had been meeting new people on her travels. When I saw her and her new friends, she whispered, "People in Europe know of you. They call you ______________." She didn't want to hurt my feelings and she knew what people said wasn't true. She just warned me to be careful.
These nightmares made me want to look up their meanings on Sheri's favorite online dream dictionary Dream Moods. Maybe it will help me understand what's going on internally. The non-italicized and bold parts relate to how I feel. You don't have to read it. This is just me up in the middle of the night wondering about these nightmares.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreams About Teeth
Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?
One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.
Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.
Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. you feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.
A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.
People
To see people you know in your dream, signifies qualities and feelings of those people that you desire for yourself.
Nickname
To hear a nickname in your dream, represents your feelings and memories of the person who is referred to by that nickname. If the nickname is not familiar, then it may be a pun on something or a metaphor.
To dream that someone is calling you by a nickname, suggests that you are trying to change they way you and others see you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The dream interpretations relate to my feelings. In terms of teeth, I feel like one of those guys on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy or What Not to Wear. The guinea pigs don't really dress who they are. But when the Fab 5 or the TLC stylists get to change lives, they bring the real person out and into the world. But they couldn't do it without pointing out the mistakes or flaws with closet snooping and 360 degree mirrors. I guess that's what I have been doing alot lately since the holidays: reexamining myself.
I haven't just examined my style and "my look," but also my relationship with God. Most of my time is preoccupied with with I have to do for work, school and socializing. I don't read the Bible as much. I used once or twice a week, before I went to bed. But at times, my mind chatters away with all this noise that when I would read, I wouldn't be focused on the words. Same goes for praying before going to bed. The mind chatter needs to die down at night but mine don't.
Another reexamination involves my family. I rarely see my parents and my brother. I make every effort to call, write or email once a week. I don't get much of that in return but it's been like that for awhile so I just accept it and thus, make the effort every week - when I can. Since I am away, I guess it's my place to do so right? I miss them. *sniff* And they really don't know me as well as I would like. Then again, sometimes it's just like that with family.
On to the worries, anxieties and powerlessness part of the interpretation. This deals with my living situation. Enough said.
Getting points across relates to creative ideas not being manifested clearly or the way I'd like it to.
How others perceive you, What man thinks and trying to change they way you and others see you...Well, people have labelled me one way or another. Some compliments, others rumors based on other people's misperceptions of me. I loathe the misperceptions and want people to see me in my best light - not with the awkward first impression nor with the stressed out aura. The stupid thing is this: most of these people aren't even my real friends. The disconcerting part is this: some of them are.
On to qualities and feelings of those people that you desire for yourself. The two friends in my dreams possess fun-loving personalities. People love to hang out with them. They spread joy where ever they go. They rarely let people see them sweat in that cliche sorta way. And, they laugh alot.
All this makes me go, "hmmmm" a la Arsenio.
MY LENTAL SACRIFICE
Since my lossing teeth may reflect me losing faith, I am giving more time to my spirituality and faith. Like Kitchie, I need to pray more and go to church more often. I need to stop caring about what other people think and love myself more. I also want to be more accepting of what is and just move past it. Focus on the wins and learn from the loses.
It's alot to accomplish in less than 40 days but it's worth giving my all. It's not good sitting on the opposite side of positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment