ALLERGIES
Before, it was dust and mold, now it's cats.

I've owned a cat most of my life. Two live in my new home and I'm allergic! My sniffly nose, watery eyes, sneezing and a bag full of used tissues surpirised me bigtime.

Before I went to bed last night, I watched Gladiator on TV. Artessa, one of the cats, was sitting on my lap, loving the petting and the attention. I liked it, too. During the commercials, I looked at the covered couch I was sitting on. Cat hair everywhere and on my sweatshirt, too. Ugh. I need to have a talk with Mariella.

Since she was already asleep, I decided to research how much air purifiers cost. This morning, the research showed a range from $100 - $1300! Buying this meant compromising more than I want/should. Mariella needs to compromise also.

So, I looked into some other allergy relief products like lotions. Cost ranged from $4.27-$6.29. A much better solution for me to propose.

I also printed out an article giving some other suggestions for the non-allergic person in the household:

1. Wash the cat every 4-6 weeks.
2. Wash fabrics, curtains (in my case - couch covers), clothes often.
3. Don't let the cats in the room of the person allergic to them - esp. the bed.
4. Brush cat on a daily basis.

Hopefully Mariella and Marissa (whom I have yet to see at home) will compromise to alleviate my allergies. I think it's a reasonable request and not asking much. Right?

No comments: