JONATHAN MANNION
My photography friends and I jock this guy's work. So, one of them, Dylan, wants to be one of his assistants. He had a plan. And he finally emailed Jonathan recently. Dylan offered to spend the summer in NYC and work for him for free so he can learn a grip as *crosses fingers* his protege. I'm proud of his and today is one of his most happiest days because Jonathan replied! He doesn't have a job but he is being considered. Once Jonathan gets his new studio together, he will know more.

Now that's initiative!

RIDING ON COAT TAILS or IF I SCRATCH YOUR BACK, WILL YOU SCRATCH MINE?
Lately, I have been concerned about my relationship to my connections, especially regarding photography. Fortunately, lots of opportunities came my way by being friends with several people. At the same time, I don't want to depend on them. A part of me knows that we scratch each others' backs. But lately, I am hoping that I am not riding on someone else's coat tails. I want to generate my own contacts. I know that we all support each other and that I have given them opportunities through my contacts. Dylan mentioned my friend Warren in his inquiry ('cause Warren had some dope contact sheets of Aaliyah when he was her Art Director).

Now I am wondering if Jonathan needs another assistant and if I should ask Dylan to hook me up. I know that my other friend, Santi, would want the same opportunity, esp. since it will bring him back to his roots in the East Coast. At the same time, I am pretty against asking for hook-ups but I can't wait to see if Dylan will volunteer it IF he got the chance to assist.

Hm...I'm thinking too much. Either way, I would never camera-block him. He's wanted this for chance for so long.

I'M FASTER!
Well, my computer at work is. I had the slowest computer in my department. 2 of the 3 fastest computers weren't being used. They were in stations temporary CAD people would work on. So IT swapped mine with one of the faster ones and now I'm faster. I spent most of today setting up my computer and moving files from my old one to the new one. And now, I can't access my Lotus Notes. Time to bug the IT guy! (We only have one.)

NO TAHOE FOR ME YET
Due to some circumstances, I can't make it to "'Cuz Sheri Said So" this weekend. So, to have some fun this weekend, I am going to a Maximus' 2 year birthday party and the Alternative Press Expo in San Francisco. Maybe I'll get the chance to go to the Cartoon Museum, too.

BUG-A-BOO
"Asshole" emailed me yesterday. I was annoyed but then I was grateful because now I have Frankie!

No comments: