C.G.I. vs. C.I.G.
I had dinner with my boy, Alex. We were talking about dating strategies and the likes. We also talked about how I meet weird guys/men.
"You know, you should be looking for intellectual ghettos not ghetto intellectuals. I think that's where things will be better 'cause you are meeting 'ghetto' before meeting the 'intellectual.'"
To best describe the man of my dreams, I came up with a simple acronym a couple of years ago...
G.I. = Ghetto Intellectual.
A man with street and book smarts.
A man with philosophies and rough edges.
But I realized that I really want someone who is also creative. Hence...
C.G.I. = Creative, Ghetto Intellectual.
For those of you not familar with the C.G.I., I have some examples:
Tupac Shakur - the late actor and rapper
Wyclef Jean - musician
Lateef the Truth Speaker - rapper
Eminem - rapper
Lemon - spoken word artist
Dream - the late Graf King of Oakland, CA
Nas - rapper
Of course, the C.G.I. is not limited to rap nor the music industry. I just couldn't think of any other examples right now.
I think Alex's point was well made and straight up eye-opening. Foreals! I have met some strange cats out there. Let's just see he will be right this time 'round.
No comments:
Post a Comment