LYKA
I have another photo opportunity with an indie record label nemed RAW. They are based in Stockton. Their artist, Lyka, is 17-year-old Filipina-American singer. I heard her rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" via cell phone from her rep. Wow, girl can sing! Anyways, I "interviewed" by the rep and she liked my professionalism so much that she choose me over some other photo guy. They need me to create an image of Lyka for a poster. It's supposed to be sent to college radio stations. I've been doing research on fees and licensing issues so it's totally making me be on top of the business side of things. Since that is my goal for the summer, it's all good! We plan on meeting something soon to discuss the compensation, styling, concepts and - most importantly - the contract and model release.

Please pray that I do well! I hope that this works out because the rep has potential clients for me in LA! I do wanna to shoot editorial work (for magazines) and creative people for other things. Music is definitely one avenue I wanna go into. *crosses fingers*

No comments: