I'M BACK
Alrighty folks, where to begin. It's been awhile since I have deconstructed some of life's bliss and heart burn. Imma start with bliss and end with heart burn.
(For the sensitive ones, I am being sarcastic.)
ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
I watched Diary last night on MTV. I never really gave Enrique and second thought but after that Diary, Oh Dang! He's hot! I know he's half Pinoy and half Latino. But I didn't really pay attention to him. What was I thinking!?!?!
NO MORE CHINESE BUFFET
I was in SoCal the last 3 weekends in May...for 3 of those graduations I blogged about before. I kicked it in Long Beach and San Diego and it was good! Unfortunately I got overwhelmed with Chinese buffets in both cities! I will even critique them for all y'all!
Peking Wok
off PCH in Long Beach, Cali
This place wasn't buffet. This sit--down restaurant is situated in typical SoCal Strip Mall Style, decorate with Lakers colors to show their Los Angeles pride. Too bad the service would let us watch the playoffs against the New Jersey Nets. Besides that, the food is dee-lish! I even ate there twice - for two separate graduations. The chefs are easy on the grease and heavy on the flavor.
4 stars out of 5
Royal Buffet
off Atlantic Avenue in Long Beach, Cali
Ate their for my brother's graduation dinner. Lots of variety, fresh fruit, crab legs, craw fish and black bean mussels were the seasfood favorites (gotta eat that stuff the most for my parent's money). Good stuff.
3-1/2 stars out of 5
VIP Oriental Restaurant
off Broadway somewhere in Chula Vista, Cali
My pops wanted to go there after Sunday mass so we ate the weekend rate of almost $9.00 per person. Unfortunately, the not-so-fresh fruit, the tough seaweed wrapper on the sushi rolls and the seafood variety of crab legs, craw fish and black bean mussels didn't live up to Royal Buffet in Long Beach. The Egg Flower Soup was the best thing I had.
1 star of of 5 (sorry papa)
China City
on Plaza Blvd at Highland Ave. in National City, Cali
Another graduation dinner, this time, at my stomping grounds! Next to the ever-so-famous Angie's Fashions and Price Breakers (adolescent and teen memories), this buffet served crab (not just the legs, too), craw fish and black bean mussels. The crab tastes best here but still hard to eat and a lil' on the salty side. I passed on the mussels this time, but it looked good!
3 stars out of 5
So there you go! 4 food critiques and no more Chinese Buffet for me in awhile. Maybe the next time I go, I will try that craw fish. I will be prepared and armed with my nutcracker.
No comments:
Post a Comment