A LIL' RESTLESS

The end of the work day kinda sucked today. I should be sleeping the bad afternoon away but my anxiety over my other work is keeping me up. The thing that sucks is this: sometimes a bad day sorta just lingers, creating a mood that'll last until you sleep it off. Sometimes good things happen if a day started bad 'cause there is time for a good thing to happen. When it happens towards the end of the day (even though there is still the night hours), sometimes there just isn't enough time to brush off the negativity that marinated you all afternoon. And now I am up and I gotta write to vent it off.

Wanna read a poem I wrote on my afternoon commute on BART?

Lips pout after a day's work,
Eyes weary like a heavy heart,
My aura is faded today
Because negativity drifted my way
Like a quiet, stinky fart.

The end.


Angelica Realce

No comments: