ok now Judy got her {comments} working...i wonder what i am doing wrong...but i do hope she responds with some helpful advice!!!

alritey..now on to why i am breaking my new sleeping curfew...

LIFE

It’s funny when people cross paths again, or when birthdays are around the corner, or when the new year is about to arrive: we assess all that we’ve accomplished and all that we’ve failed. We’re grateful or we’re bitter. We complain or we celebrate. We’re content or disgruntled. Even though life gets more complicated as we grow and wise up, in the end, it's all about the simple things...

Sometimes I think about homeless people and how some manage to hang onto their sanity. The world can be devastating when your lonely even if you have the basics of survivial: water, food, shelter. The one thing missing from the list is love. I believe people need love to survive: love of self, love of family (blood or bonded), the love of your life, love of a higher being…these are what we can take forgranted when we’re “too busy” or uninvolved. It’s hard, y’know? Balancing and prioritizing ain’t an easy task, but we try to do it the best we can, right?

Within the past six weeks or so, God blessed me when I got "too busy." Old friends crossed my path and entered my life again:

…clubbed and tsimissed with Carlo in LA…
…Mary Grace will relocate to the Bay…
…Raquel ran into John at his work HERE in the City…
…Catching up with John…
…Keeping in touch with Anna via telephone…

Life is good when old friendships manage to surpass the test of time and distance. The bonds formed in the past just keep us rooted in each other…and I dig that!

I just got off the phone with John. He and I were like brother and sister back in junior high. I haven’t seen him in yeeeeaaaaarrrrrrssss. Foreals. The nostaglia I feel is like going back to a time when life was simple, you know? When we were teenagers, it was all about our friends with no worries except getting jumped or picked on.

In your twenties, it’s all about building the foundation for a happy future. It’s the ADULT worries that occupy your mind: getting done with school, working the day job, establishing the foundation for the kind of career we love, paying the bills, and, of course, money.

Now, at almost 26, I look back and see how much I struggled through. I hated my job last year. HATED IT so much I avoided talking about work – period! I wanted it to be “in my past already!” and it has been for 5 months now! My insecurities attached to the Quarter Century Crisis have evolved from me being lost to me being found. My focus on getting the skills and training to create a new career path is blazing slowly but confidently. The cocooning stage is taking me to another level and it’s about time! But you know what the best thing about all of this is? It’s sharing these experiences with everyone that matters.: family, friends old and new, colleagues, mentors, idols. The biggest gift God gaves us is each other. And I am truly grateful for that ‘cause living life without people you love is like living life as a zombie or a robot - it sucks. Right now, the struggle can make life feel like a constant drag but In the end, it comes down to the what matters most: the simple things...

No comments: