AL B.SURE
Door opens abruptly, waking me up from my half sleep.
"ANGIE!" exclaimed Rose (my roommate) and Verna (Rose's visiting friend).
"Huh?" I said, stunned.
"Guess who we met?!??!?!!?" The energy in the room went from 0mph to 100mph - at least.
"Who?"
"AL B. SURE!" they squealled like the teenagers they used to be when he blew up charts in the late 80s and early 90s. Rose is 28, Verna is 29. "We grew up to people like him - the Keith Sweat/Bobby Brown Era!"
I snapped out of my grogginess and paid attention.
"Hey! We should call him! He wanted us to call him when we got home! Angie! I have his number on my cell phone!" Rose was so giddy she had to calm herself down. "Ok, ok...I hope I get his voicemail...Hello? Al B.? This is Rose, just wanted to let you know we got home safe...Daly City, it's 20 minutes - 20-15 minutes from the City...yeah, thanks for the dedication. It was real nice...we heard it on the way home. Ok, you drive safe, too. We'll see you on Tuesday...Ok, bye!"
They recounted the entire experience, from meeting him and his friends outside Victoria's Secret at Union Square to kickin' it at the 98.1 KISS FM radio studio. Al B. now has a Sunday show. Morris Knight from the midday slot was there, as well as Kyle West, producer and cousin of Al B. Sure.
"I went to his concert when I was a sophmor ein high school. My best friend was there with me, too!" Verna's best friend was here in the bay over the weekend. She left earlier that day and missed out, big time. "I called her and she said, 'Verna, I went to that concert with you! Why does everything happen when I leave!'"
"Rose! We should have called Angie!" said Verna, regretfully.
"I know! We couldn't think of who to call earler." said Rose.
"Too excited to think, huh?" I laughed.
"Yeah! Rose, if we called Angie she could have recorded it!" whined Verna.
"Angie, he is so nice and so affectionate. He kept giving us massages and stroking our backs. He sang to us, too!" Rose was savoring the memory like a dog does a bone.
"Yeah, 2 songs off his new album. They're so good!" I could see the stars in Verna's eyes.
"He gave me a hug and kissed me on my eyebrow! Right here!" She pointed to the corner of her left brow, close to her temple. "I'm not going to wash it!" Rose was half kidding, half serious. "He so charming!"
"He's a playa!!" I laughed.
Al. B. Sure sure is seductive. That voice, that smile. He's definitely yummy.
"We told him we were going to Napa to shop at the outlets and wine taste on Tuesday. He said he lives in Napa and he invited us to his house! Angie, you should come!" Rose invited me to join the fun. Her working friends (Rose and Verna are laid-off and on the government salary) are calling in sick on Tuesday to wine, dine and spend quality time with Al B. and his other hottie cousins and hottie friends. I am debating. It's so tempting but I HAVE TO WORK! *wah*
Ok, this "friend of friends" situation can increase the fun factor for my upcoming birthday. It can also benefit two of my musican friends if I kept in contect with Al B. and Kyle West (he produced Jodeci and Tevin Campbell). What to do? What to do?
No comments:
Post a Comment